1st Ohio Volunteer Infantry
1st Ohio Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and into the service of the United States at Columbus, Ohio, May 6, to June 30, 1898, with 43 officers and 896 enlisted men.
- Assigned to First Brigade, First Division, First Army, May 16
- Assigned to Third Brigade, Second Division, Fourth Army Corps, June 4
- Assigned to Third Brigade, First Division, Seventh Army Corps, August 28
- Left Columbus May 14; arrived at Chickamauga Ga., May 16
- Left Chickamauga June 1; arrived at Tampa, Fla., June 4
- Left Tampa and arrived at Fernandina, F1a:, July 27
- Left Fernandina August 27; arrived at Jacksonville August 28
- Left Jacksonville September 13; arrived at Cincinnati, Ohio, September 16
- Furloughed for thirty days
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Cincinnati, Ohio, October 25, 1898, with 50 officers and 1,257 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 8; killed by accident, 2; deserted, 1.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581