1st U.S. Volunteer Infantry
1st U.S. Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Galveston, Tex., May 25 to June 4, 1898, with 46 officers and 971 enlisted men.
- Left Galveston July 22; arrived at New Orleans, La., July 23
- Left New Orleans August 18; arrived at Galveston, Tex., August 19
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Galveston October 28, 1898, with 46 officers and 956 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-killed by accident, 1. Enlisted men-died of disease, 3; killed by accident, 2; murdered, 1; deserted, 16.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581