2nd Kentucky Volunteer Infantry
2nd Kentucky Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Lexington, May 14 to 25, 1898, with 45 officers and 941 enlisted men.
- Assigned to First Brigade, Second Division, Third Army Corps, May 23
- Ordered to Chickamauga, Ga., May 23
- Returned to Lexington September 13
- Furloughed for thirty days September 18
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Lexington, Ky., October 31, 1898, with 50 officers and 1,266 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 27; deserted, 12.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581