3rd North Carolina Volunteer Infantry
3rd North Carolina Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Fort Macon, N. C., May 12 to July 19, 1898, with 43 officers and 978 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Third Brigade, Second Division, First Army Corps, September 15
- assigned to Third Brigade, First Division, First Army Corps, November 23
- Left Fort Macon September 14; arrived at Knoxville, Tenn., September 15
- Left Knoxville November 22; arrived at Macon, Ga., November 23
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Macon, Ga., January 31 to February 8, 1899, with 40 officers and 1,022 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-killed by accident, 1. Enlisted men-died of disease, 13; murdered, 2; deserted, 14.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581