4th Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry
4th Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Milwaukee, Wis., July 11, 1898, with 46 officers and 1,265 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Second Brigade, First Division, Third Army Corps, September 17
- Transferred to Second Brigade, Second Division, Fourth Army Corps
- Assigned to Separate Brigade, First Army Corps, January 16, 1899
- Left Milwaukee September 14; arrived at Anniston, Ala., September 17
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Anniston, Ala., February 28, 1899, with 46 officers and 1,090 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-died of disease, 1. Enlisted men-died of disease, 16; deserted, 6.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581