5th Maryland Volunteer Infantry
5th Maryland Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Pimlico, Md., May 14, 1898, with 48 officers and 935 enlisted men.
- Assigned to First Brigade, First Division, Third Army Corps, May 21
- Assigned to Second Brigade, Second Division, Fourth Army Corps, June 5
- Left Pimlico May 19; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 21
- Left Chickamauga June 2; arrived at Tampa, Fla., June 5
- Left Tampa August 18; arrived at Huntsville, Ala., August 21
- Left Huntsville September 5; arrived at Baltimore, Md., September 7
- Furloughed for thirty days September 11
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Baltimore, Md., October 22, 1898, with 49 officers and 1,229 enlisted men. Casualties in service: Officers-died of disease, 1. Enlisted men-died of disease, 19; deserted, 3.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581