8th U.S. Volunteer Infantry
8th U.S. Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United Sates at Newark, N. J.; Washington, D. C.; Greenville, Harriman, Murfreesboro, and Columbia,Tenn.; Louisville and Winchester,Ky.,and Charleston and Parkersburg, W.Va., June 22 to July 24, 1898, with 40 officers and 868 enlisted men.
- Consolidated at Fort Thomas, Ky
- Left Fort Thomas October 7; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., October 9, 1898
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Chickamauga, Ga., March 6, 1899, with 46 officers and 934 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-None. Enlisted men-Died of disease, 3: killed by accident, 1; drowned, 1; deserted, 12.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581