9th New York Volunteer Infantry
9th New York Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Peekskill, N. Y., May 17 to 21, 1898, with 49 officers and 977 enlisted men.
- Assigned to First Brigade, Second Division, Third Army Corps, May 26
- Left Peekskill May 24; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 26
- Left Chickamauga September 13; arrived at New York City September 16
- Furloughed for thirty days September 20
Mustered out of the service of the United States at New York City November 15, 1898, with 44 officers and 1,164 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-died of disease, 4. Enlisted men-died of disease, 39; killed by accident, 2; deserted, 27.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581