Battery 155 - Barber's Point
Battery 155 - Barber's Point (1937-194?) - Battery 155 - Barber's Point was a temporary, World War II, 155mm coastal gun battery on Panama mounts. Located near Fort Kamehameha, Honolulu County, Hawaii. Battery construction started 13 Apr 1937, was completed 30 Jun 1937 and transferred to the Coast Artillery for use 16 Aug 1937 at a cost of $ 5,174.79. Deactivated in 194?.
Part of the Harbor Defense of Pearl Harbor.
Originally built as a temporary World War II coastal gun battery for, four 155mm M1918 guns mounted on M1918 mobile carriages emplaced on circular Panama mounts. The guns for this battery were kept at the Fort Kamehameha gun park and transported to the three Panama mount gun batteries operated by Fort Kamehameha when needed.
One Panama mount remains visible, no period guns or carriages in place.