Camp Logan (1)

From FortWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Camp Logan (1) (1865-1869) - Established 2 Sep 1865 by Capt. A. B. Ingram, Company K., 1st Orgeon Volunteer Infantry and named for Warm Springs Indian Agent, William Logan. Evacuated 28 Nov 1868 and abandoned Jan 1869.

History

Established to protect settlers along the Dalles-Fort Boise Military Road from attacks by hostile Indians.

Current Status

Unknown.


Location: On Strawberry Creek about 6 miles South of Prairie City, Grant County, Oregon.

Maps & Images

Lat: 44.3875 Long: -118.675


See Also:

Sources:


Links:

Visited: No

Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
content
Share
Google AdSense
Toolbox