Camp Rock Springs (2)
Camp Rock Springs (2) (1860, 1863, 1866 - 1868) - A U.S. Army Camp first established in 1860 in the Mojave Desert near Cima, San Bernardino County, California. Named Camp Rock Springs after the Rock Spring. Abandoned in 1868.
History of Camp Rock Springs
Initially established in 1860 and garrisoned intermittently during the U.S. Civil War as an outpost of Fort Mojave. Reestablished 30 Dec 1866 and later functioned as a subpost of Camp Cady. Closed on 21 May 1868 due to a lack of water at the spring.
Ruins near Cima in San Bernardino County, California.