Camp Washington (1)
Camp Washington (1) (1839, 1846-1848) - Probably first established by U.S. Army troops in 1839. Reestablished during the Mexican War in 1846. Located in present day Trenton, Mercer County, New Jersey. The camp was abandoned in 1848 after the volunteers returned from the war.
History of Camp Washington
Appears to have been established by regular U.S. Army troops in 1839. Reestablished in 1846 for the mobilization and training of New Jersey volunteers for the Mexican War. Used as a demobilization camp when the New Jersey troops returned in 1848.
Abandoned in 1848.
Unknown status probably located in present day Columbus Park in Trenton, Mercer County, New Jersey. The site location is described as situated in Jackson's Woods, south of Hamilton Ave. and east of Chestnut Ave. roughly the site of Columbus Park today.