Fort Babcock (2)
Fort Babcock (2) (1942-1944) - A World War II Coastal Fort first established in 1942 on Kruzof Island, Sitka Borough, Alaska. Named Fort Babcock after Colonel Walter C. Babcock (Cullum 3536), who had been in charge of constructing the Trans-Alaskan Military Road in 1899‑1901 and had recently died (1937). Abandoned in 1944.
World War II (1941-1945)
Part of the Harbor Defense of Sitka.
Part of Tongass National Forest, Kruzof Island, Sitka Borough, Alaska.