Fort Duquesne (2)
Fort Duquesne (2) (1752-1754) - A French colonial fur trading post established in 1752 by Joseph Marin de la Malgue near present day Little Falls, Morrison County, Minnesota. Abandoned in 1754.
Fort Duquesne (2) History
Established in 1752 by Joseph Marin de la Malgue as a French fur trading post along the Mississippi River near the mouth of the Little Elk River near present day Little Falls, Minnesota. Archeological exploration has revealed a 120' by 80' site fronting on the Mississippi River and a number of period French artifacts. Entries in Joseph Marin's journal indicate that the post was abandoned in 1853-1854.
Part of the Charles A. Lindbergh State Park, Little Falls, Morrison County, Minnesota. Minnesota archeological site 21-MO-20. The actual site is not marked but a small marker is located at the access point.
Visited: 10 Sep 2013