Fort Duval

From FortWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Fort Duval (1826-1827) - A temporary U.S. Army post established in 1826 between the First Seminole War and Second Seminole War by Captain Francis L. Dade near present day Silver Springs, Marion County, Florida. Probably named for William P. Duval, Territorial Governor of Florida (1822-1834). Abandoned in 1827.

Fort Duval History

A temporary U.S. Army post established in November 1826 between the First Seminole War and Second Seminole War by Captain Francis L. Dade, with elements of Companies B, H & K of the 4th U.S. Infantry and Companies A & D of the 4th U.S. Artillery.

The post was established near the site of the Seminole Indian Agency at Silver Springs at the request of William P. Duval, Territorial Governor of Florida.

Probably abandoned in December 1826 or January 1827 with the last post return dated in December 1826.

Current Status

Site near Silver Springs, Marion County, Florida


Location: Near Silver Springs, Marion County, Florida. Map point is not accurate.

Maps & Images

Lat: 29.2046188 Long: -82.0427227

  • Multi Maps from ACME
  • Maps from Bing
  • Maps from Google
  • Elevation: .....'

Sources:

Links:

Visited: No



Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
content
Toolbox