Fort Frederick (2)
Fort Frederick (2) (1729-1759) - A colonial fort established in 1729 in present day New Harbor, Lincoln County, Maine. Established on the site of previous fortifications Shurt's Fort and Pemaquid Fort (1630-1672), Fort Charles (1677-1689) and Fort William Henry (2) (1692-1696). Fort Frederick was abandoned in 1759. Assigned Location ID ME00022.
Part of Colonial Pemaquid State Historic Site, New Harbor, Lincoln County, Maine. The site contains a replica of the second fort built at the site, Fort William Henry. The replica was built in 1908.
Visited: 28 Jun 2012