Fort Jennings (1812-1815) - Established during the War of 1812 in September 1812 by Col. William Jennings. Abandoned in 1815.
Built at the direction of General William Henry Harrison by Col. William Jennings and troops of the 2nd Kentucky Militia Regiment. The post was located along side the Auglaize River at the present day town of Fort Jennings.
Location: Map point is the monument. Fort Jennings, Putnam County, Ohio.
Maps & Images
Lat: 40.9027778 Long: -84.2986111
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 643
Visited: 10 Sep 2010