Fort Madison (4)
Established in 1813 during the Creek Indian War as settler fortification very close to Fort Glass. The fort enclosed a 180' square area with 12' high walls. After the 3 Sep 1813 attack on Fort Sinquefield, settlers gathered at Fort Madison for protection. General Ferdinand L. Claiborne, reacting to Indian depredations, moved 200 soldiers and 500 settlers from Fort Madison to Fort St. Stephens.
Abandoned at the end of the conflict later in 1813.
Marker only in Clarke County, Alabama.