Fort Rousseau (1941-1946) - A World War II Coastal Fort first established in 1941 as a part of Fort Ray on Makhnati Island, Sitka Borough, Alaska. Named Fort Rousseau in G.O. 17, 2 Apr 1943, after Bvt. Major General Lovell Harrison Rousseau, who received the transfer of Alaska to the United States in 1867. Abandoned in 1946.
World War II (1941-1945)
Part of the Harbor Defense of Sitka.
Remains of Battery 292 structure and two Panama mounts on Makhnati Island, Sitka Borough, Alaska.