Fort Tompkins (2) (1812-1814) - A U.S. Army post established in 1812 during the War of 1812 in present day Buffalo, Niagara County, New York. Abandoned in 1814. Also known as Fort Adams (5).
Fort Tompkins was built early in the War of 1812 and was burned by British attackers in December 1813. Armament consisted of some six or seven pieces of artillery emplaced in a large earthworks. Abandoned at the end of the war in 1814.
No remains, marker only in Buffalo, Niagara County, New York.
Location: 1010 Niagara Street, Niagara County, New York. Map point is marker location on the side of a building.
Maps & Images
Lat: 42.91066667 Long: -78.900185
- Multi Maps from ACME
- Maps from Bing
- Maps from Google
- Elevation: .....'
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 585-586