Mojave Road - The Mojave Road was a road through the Mojave desert that connected Camp Cady with Fort Mojave on the Colorado River. The road stretched some 138 miles through desolate country with only a few wells on the route. The route was a historic route that had served the Indians and the early explorers and by the 1860s had been adopted by the U.S. Military. Conflicts with local Indians forced the U.S. Army to place military posts at either end of the road and to provide detachments of soldiers at the strategic springs along the route. Troops were withdrawn from these posts in 1868.
The road is long abandoned but parts can be traversed with 4 wheel drive vehicles. Only ruins remain from the military posts along the way.
Military Posts Locations and Points of Interest Along the Mojave Road - Also Known As Old Military Road