Fort Iaqua (1863-1866) - A U.S. Civil War era fort established in 1863 near Kneeland, Humboldt County, California. Abandoned in 1866. Also known as Camp Iaqua and Camp Jaqua.
Established on 5 Aug 1863 along Yeager Creek 18 miles east of the mouth of the Eel River. Built along the trail between Fort Humboldt and Fort Gaston.
Abandoned on 9 Aug 1866.
Location: Near Kneeland in Humboldt County, California.
Maps & Images
Lat: 40.61930 Long: -123.85866
- Multi Maps from ACME
- Maps from Bing
- Maps from Google
- Elevation: .....'
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 771.
- Hart, Herbert M., Tour Guide to Old Western Forts, Pruett Publishing Co., Boulder CO, 1980, ISBN 0-87108-568-2, page 27.