4th New Jersey Volunteer Infantry
4th New Jersey Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Sea Girt, N. J., July 7 to 24,1898, with 31 officers and 1,265 enlisted men.
- Assigned to First Brigade, Second Division, Second Army Corps, October 9
- Left Sea Girt October 8; arrived at Camp Meade, Pa., October 9
- Left Camp Meade November 12; arrived at Greenville, S. C., November 14, 1898
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Greenville, S, C., April 6, 1899, with 49 officers and 1,053 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 4; deserted, 39.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581