Roundtree's Fort (1832-1832) - A Black Hawk War Fort established in 1832 in Platteville, Grant County, Wisconsin. Named Rountree's Fort after the militia organizer Captain John H. Rountree. Abandoned as a fortification in 1832 after the end of the war. Also known as Fort Dodge.
History of Rountree's Fort
Established in early April 1832 by a company of local militia organized by Captain John H. Rountree.
Built as a circular stockade about 100' in diameter, with a 20' square blockhouse at the center.
Abandoned as a fortification in 1832 after the end of the war.
Unknown. Map point is a marker identifying the origin of the town, not necessarily the fort site. No specific marker for the fort.