Schoharie Blockhouse (1781-1783) - A Patriot Revolutionary War militia blockhouse established in 1781 near Schoharie in Schoharie County, New York. Abandoned as a fortification at the end of the war in 1783. Also known as Midway Fort.
History of Schoharie Blockhouse
Established in 1781 as a local militia defense and used by settlers during Indian raids.
Abandoned in 1783.
Marker only at the intersection of Junction Road (NY 27) and NY 30A.
Visited: 15 Jun 2016