Strawberry Battery (1939-1956) - Strawberry Battery was a reinforced concrete coastal gun battery on McNab Island, Halifax Harbor, Nova Scotia, Canada. Deactivated in 1945.
World War II (1939-1956)
Part of the Harbor Defense of Halifax.
Built as a reinforced concrete gun battery with two 12-pounder QF guns and a 4.7-inch gun. The two 12-pounder guns were transferred from Fort Hugonins in 1940. The battery served as an examination Battery and Anti-Torpedo Motor Boat in addition to protecting the Anti-Submarine Net. Decommissioned in 1956.
No period guns or mounts in place.