12th Minnesota Volunteer Infantry
12th Minnesota Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at St. Paul, Minn., May 6 and 7, 1898, with 50 officers and 982 enlisted men.
- Assigned to First Brigade, Third Division, First Army Corps, May 19
- Left St. Paul May 16; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 19
- Left Chickamauga August 23; arrived at Lexington, Ky., August 24
- Left Lexington September 15; arrived at New Ulm, Minn., September 17
- Furloughed for thirty days September 21
Mustered out of the service of the United States at New Ulm, Minn., November 5, 1898, with 49 officers and 1,216 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-died of disease, 1. Enlisted men-died of disease, 18; suicide, 1; deserted, 5.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581