18th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry
18th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Mount Gretna, Pa., May 11 to 13, 1898, with 34 officers and 604 enlisted men.
- Company F changed station from Mount Gretna to Alliance, Ohio, June 5
- Headquarters and Companies A, B, C, D, E, G, and H changed station from Mount Gretna to Delaware City; Del., June 17
- Companies D, E, and H left Delaware City June 23; arrived at Fort Brady, Mich., June 26
- Companies D, E, and H left Fort Brady August 23; arrived at Camp Meade, Pa., August 26
- Company F left Alliance, Ohio, August 25; arrived at Camp Meade August 26
- Headquarters and Companies A, B, C, and G changed station from Delaware City to Camp Meade August 23
Regiment changed station from Camp Meade to Pittsburg, Pa., September 11 Furloughed for thirty days September 13
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Pittsburg, Pa., October 22, 1898, with 34 officers and 837 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 1; deserted, 2.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581