1st Arkansas Volunteer Infantry
1st Arkansas Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized at Little Rock, and mustered into the service of the United States at Little Rock May 14 to 20, with 46 officers and 966 enlisted men.
- Assigned to First Brigade, Second Division, Third Army Corps, May 27
- Assigned to Second Brigade, First Division, Third Army Corps, September 1
- Left Little Rock May 25, arriving at Chickamauga, Ga., May 27
- Left Chickamauga September 8; arrived at Fort Logan H. Roots, Little Rock, September 10
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Little Rock October 25, with 46 officers and 1,227 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 22; killed by accident, 2; deserted, 20.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581