1st Illinois Volunteer Cavalry
1st Illinois Volunteer Cavalry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Springfield, Ill., May 20 and 21, 1898, with 50 officers and 974 enlisted men.
- Left Springfield May 30; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., June 1
- left Chickamauga August 24; arrived at Ohicago, Ill., August 27
- Furloughed for thirty days.
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Chicago, Ill., October 11, 1898, with 50 officers and 1,158 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none; enlisted men - died of disease, 16; killed by accident, 1; deserted, 6.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581