1st Texas Volunteer Cavalry
1st Texas Volunteer Cavalry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Austin, Tex., May 14 and 15, 1898, with 47 officers and 959 enlisted men.
- Left Austin June 9; arrived at Fort Sam Houston, Tex., same date
- Companies distributed:
- Regiment concentrated at Fort Sam Houston September 27
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Fort Sam Houston, Tex., November 14, 1898, with 47 officers and 1,025 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-Died of disease, 3; killed by accident, 1; murdered, 1; deserted, 18.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581