2nd Alabama Volunteer Infantry
2nd Alabama Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized at Mobile, and mustered into the service of the United States at Mobile May 16 to June 14, with 47 officers and 935 enlisted men.
- Second Brigade, First Division, Seventh Army Corps
- Arrived at Miami, Fla., June 30
- Left Miami August 4; arrived at Jacksonville, Fla., August 5
- Arrived at Montgomery, Ala., September 17
- Furloughed for thirty days September 20.
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Montgomery October 31, with 49 officers and 926 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 15; killed by accident, 2; drowned, 1; deserted, 54.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581