2nd Arkansas Volunteer Infantry
2nd Arkansas Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized at Little Rock, and mustered into the service of the United States at Little Rock May 14 to 25, with 45 officers and 968 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Second Brigade, Second Division, Third Army Corps, May 30
- Assigned to Third Brigade, First Division, Third Army Corps, September 10
- Transferred to Second Brigade, Second Division, Fourth Army Corps, October 7
- Left Little Rock May 27; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 30
- Left Camp George H. Thomas, Chickamauga, September 9; arrived at Anniston, Ala., September 10
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Anniston, Ala., February 25, 1899. with 46 officers and 822 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-died of disease, 1. Enlisted men-died of disease, 27; deserted, 43.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581