8th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry
8th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Mount Gretna, Pa., May 11 and 12, 1898, with 41 officers and 774 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Third Brigade, First Division, Second Army Corps, May 19
- Left Mount Gretna May 18: arrived at Camp Alger, Va., May 19
- Left Camp Alger August 29; arrived at Camp Meade, Pa., August 30
- Left Camp Meade November 13; arrived at Augusta, Ga., November 14
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Augusta, Ga., March 7, 1899, with 41 officers and 949 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 9; deserted, 4.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581