Antelope Station Post
Antelope Station Post (1864-1865) - A U.S. Civil War era post frequently garrisoned by California Volunteers in Federal Service between 1864 and 1865. Near Ely, White Pine County, Nevada.
Antelope Springs became a Pony Express stop in 1860. An earlier cabin had been burned down during an Indian attack in 1859. Antelope Springs was the third stop inside the eastern border of the Nevada Territory, between the Prairie Gate stop on the east and Spring Valley stop on the west.
After the demise of the Pony Express in October 1861, the Overland Stage and Mail Company took over the abandoned post and built a small log station, repaired the Pony Express corrals, and used the site until 1869. Freighters operated between Hamilton and Elko in the 1860s and 1870s. California Infantry Volunteers established a post and often garrisoned this post between 1864-1865