Barrett Point Battery
Barrett Point Battery (1939-1945) - Barrett Point Battery was a Canadian reinforced concrete 6" inch coastal gun battery on Kaien Island, British Columbia, Canada. Deactivated in 1945.
World War II (1939-1945)
Part of the Harbor Defense of Prince Rupert.
Initially armed with three 6" Mk 12 guns on naval Mk 7 pedestal mounts until they were replaced in the spring of 1944 with three 6" Mk 24 guns, two on Mk 6 mounts and one on Mk 5 mount. A 6 pounder Hotchkiss gun was used as an examination gun. The battery was deactivated on 15 Aug 1945.
The concrete structures remain visible including one searchlight shelter on the shore below the battery. The battery site is overgrown. No period guns or mounts in place.
Barrett Point Battery Picture Gallery