Battery 155 - Sagamore Hill
Battery 155 - Sagamore Hill (1942-1945) - Battery 155 - Sagamore Hill was a temporary, World War II, 155mm coastal gun battery on Panama mounts. Located on Sagamore Hill Military Reservation, Barnstable County, Massachusetts. Deactivated in 1945.
Part of the Harbor Defense of Boston, Massachusetts.
Originally built as a temporary World War II coastal gun battery with two 155mm M1918 rapid fire guns mounted on M1918 Mobile Carriages emplaced on circular Panama mounts. On WWII site # 109, located at the east end of the Buzzards Bay Canal.
No period guns or mounts in place but the Panama mounts are still visible.
Visited: 17 May 2012