Camp Barry (1861-1865) - A Union U.S. Civil War artillery depot and camp of instruction established in 1861 in Washington DC. Named Camp Barry after Major William F. Barry, (Cullum 957), chief of artillery of the department. Abandoned in 1865 at the end of the war.
History of Camp Barry
Established in August 1861 as a Union artillery depot and camp of instruction in Washington DC.
Camp Barry Barracks & Officers' Quarters Plan
Abandoned in 1865 at the end of the war.
Unknown status, Washington DC.
Location: Two location descriptions
(1) Benning Road NE & Bladensburg Road NE
(2) Corcoran's Farm, H Street, NE, near Toll-Gate (likely the most accurate)
Maps & Images
Lat: 38.90025 Long: -76.98305
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 133.