|Fort Calendar||Fort Blogs||
Camp Dahlgren (1864-1864) - Established 22 Aug 1864 by Capt. John M. Drake, 1st Oregon Volunteer Cavalry, and named after Colonel Ulric Dahlgren. Located in Crook County, Oregon. The camp was abandoned 20 Sep 1864.
Camp Dahlgren History
This camp was established as a depot by the members of the 1864 Expedition to Southeast Oregon as they moved east.
Location:Southeast from Prineville, Crook County, Oregon, on Rt 380, Paulina Hwy, close to Paulina.
Maps & Images Lat: 44.13333 Long: -119.95
- Hart, Herbert M., Tour Guide to Old Western Forts, Pruett Publishing Co., Boulder CO, 1980, ISBN 0-87108-568-2, page 133
- McArthur, Lewis A. & McArthur, Lewis L., Oregon Geographic Names, Oregon Historical Society Press; 7 edition (December 2003), 1073 pages, ISBN 0875952771, ISBN 978-0875952772, page 145
- Oregon Military History, Forts-Camps-Roads
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 664
Visited: 8 May 2010
Camp Dahlgren Picture Gallery
Click on the picture to see a larger version. Contribute additional pictures - the more the better!