Camp Trinidad (1865-1869) - A post U.S. Civil War era camp established circa 1865 near Kingsville, Kleberg County, Texas. Abandoned circa 1869.
The 4th U.S. Cavalry with twelve companies arrived in Texas in August 1865 and was headquartered at Fort Concho. During the next thirteen years, units from its twelve companies occupied forts and camps between the Rio Grande and Jacksboro, and between San Antonio and San Angelo. A detail from Company L of the 4th U.S. Cavalry was established at Camp Trinidad. In 1868, the Company L detail had a strength of 72 men engaged in "guarding and policing frontier" as a part of some 10,691 troops engaged in the same effort. The report from the War Department to Congress containing reporting their location and strength was dated 30 Dec 1868.
Abandoned circa 1869.