Cantonment Jordan (1859-1860) - A temporary winter camp established by 1st Lieutenant John Mullan, (Cullum 1550), 2nd U.S. Artillery, during the construction of the Mullan Road in 1859 near present day De Borgia, Mineral County, Montana. Abandoned in 1860.
History of Cantonment Jordan
Established in 1859 by 1st Lieutenant John Mullan while he was superintending the construction of the wagon road between Fort Walla Walla and Fort Benton. The road became know as the Mullan Road. Cantonment Jordan was established as winter quarters for Mullan and elements of the construction crew in the winter of 1859-1860.