Charlestown Arsenal (1794-1816) - A U.S. Army Arsenal first established in 1794 by Act of Congress in Charlestown (now a neighborhood of Boston), Suffolk County, Massachusetts. Named after the location. Abandoned as an arsenal about 1816.
Established in 1794 by an Act of Congress near present day Charlestown in Boston, Massachusetts. Established to supply weapons and ammunition to the U.S. Army and organized militia in the New England area. The Army abandoned the Charlestown Arsenal at the end of the War of 1812 and the Navy at the Charleston Navy Yard at Charlestown took it over. The Army built a new Watertown Arsenal at nearby Watertown between 1816 and 1819.
Deactivated about 1816.