Churchill Flight Strip
Churchill Flight Strip (1942-1946) - A World War II U.S. Army Airfield established in 1942 near Silver Springs, Lyon County, Nevada. Named Churchill Flight Strip after the location and closed after the end of WWII in 1946.
The United States Army Air Forces built the Churchill Flight Strip about 1942 as an emergency landing airfield for military training flights. The flight strip closed after World War II and was turned over for local government use by the War Assets Administration.
Now known as Silver Springs Airport owned by Lyon County and leased to Silver Springs Airport. FAA Boundary ARTCC: ZOA - Oakland