Coastal Battery Service Years
Policy for Coastal Gun Battery Service Years
- If two dates are used (yyyy-yyyy) they are:
- Start Year - Use the battery acceptance for service year as the start of the Service Dates. If the battery was formed from an existing battery use the date it was officially transfered or the date it was named.
- End Year - Use the year the battery was deactivated unless a more specific year is known. A more specific year could be the year the guns were dismounted or the year the guns were shipped to another location. The most definitive source for battery service end year is the NARA gun cards.
- If four dates are used (yyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyy) they are:
- Commenced Year - Year Construction commenced
- Completed Year - Year Construction completed
- Start Year - See above
- End Year - See above