Douglas Army Airfield
Douglas Army Airfield (1942-1945) - A World War II U.S. Army Airfield established in October 1942 near Douglas, Cochise County, Arizona. Named Douglas Army Airfield after the location. Closed after the end of WWII in October 1945.
During World War II Douglas Army Airfield was a part of the West Coat Training Center and trained pilots in two schools, the Douglas Army Air Forces Advanced Flying School (Two Engine) and the Army Air Forces Pilot School (Advanced, Two Engine) between October 1942 and 23 October 1945. Training aircraft included the AT-9 Jeep, AT-17 Bobcat, C-45 Expeditor, and the B-25 Mitchell bomber.
Five Auxiliary Airfields provided support for the training programs and emergency landing facilities.
Now Bisbee Douglas International Airport.