First Narrows Battery (North)
First Narrows Battery (North) (1939-1943) - First Narrows Battery (North) was a Canadian AMTB quick firing (QF) coastal gun battery at the Lions Gate Bridge in North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Deactivated in 1943.
World War II (1939-1945)
Part of the Harbor Defense of Vancouver in British Columbia.
Initially this Anti-Motor Torpedo Boat (AMTB) battery was built at Capilano Spit on temporary platforms in August 1939. The permanent emplacements were completed in October 1939 near the piers of the Lions Gate Bridge. The battery mounted two 12 pounder QF guns and was supported by three 60' searchlight positions. Deactivated in 1943.
Visited: Area 2 Jun 2014
First Narrows Battery (North) Picture Gallery