Fort à la Corne (1)
Fort à la Corne (1) (1753-1757) - A French trading post first established by Louis de la Corne, Chevalier de la Corne, in 1753 near present day Weldon, Saskatchewan. Named presumably after Louis de la Corne who built the post. Abandoned in 1757.
History of Fort à la Corne
Established in 1753 by Louis de la Corne on the Saskatchewan River downstream from the Saskatchewan River Forks.
For most of its existence it was an outpost of Fort Paskoya. It was closed in 1757 with the fall of New France.
Part of Fort à la Corne National Historic Site near Weldon, Saskatchewan.