Fort Andrew (1862-1863) - First established in 1862 by the American Fur Company. Named after Andrew Dawson of the American Fur Company. Abandoned in 1863.
Fort Andrew History
A fur trading post built by George Benton and workers from Fort Benton in November 1862. Constructed as a log palisaded fort 125 foot square.
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 467