Fort Armistead (2)
Fort Armistead (2) (1832-1835) - A U.S. Army Fort first established in 1832 by Captain Francis S. Belton, 2nd U.S. Artillery and detachment of the 2nd U.S. Artillery in present day Monroe County, Tennessee. Named Fort Armistead after Colonel Walker K. Armistead (Cullum 3), 3rd U.S. Artillery. Became one of the Trail of Tears Forts. Abandoned in 1835. Known as Camp Armistead on the post returns.
History of Fort Armistead (2)
Abandoned 3 Mar 1835.
Archeological remains in Monroe County, Tennessee.