Fort Bowman (1)
Fort Bowman (1) (1755-176?) - A settler fortification established in 1755 during the French & Indian War by George Bowman in Shenandoah County, Virginia. Abandoned as a fortification sometime in the 1760s. Also known as George Bowman's Fort and Harmony Hall.
This fort was a settler defense stockade built around the limestone house of George Bowman.
The house still exists and restoration work continues. Private Property near Strasburg in Shenandoah County, Virginia
Visited: 13 Apr 2012